Call for Papers
KSAALT TESOL is accepting abstracts for the Eleventh Annual Conference to be held in Jeddah, on Friday and Saturday
April 27 & 28, 2018.
Submit your abstracts here using the form provided:
Or download the instructions here
( with link to the forms inside the document)
The deadline for submission is: February 20, 2018
The conference theme is:
ELT Redefined for Saudi Vision 2030: Technology, Competence & Performance
The sub-themes are:
- Innovative Educational Technology in ELT
- Teacher Competencies, Education, and Professional Development
- ELT Theory into Practice and Performance
- Redefining Teaching in English Education: Strategies and Methods
- Teaching English through Content
- Motivation, Grit, and Growth Mindset in ELT
Submissions should clearly indicate which sub-theme will be addressed. Also, please indicate clearly which format the presentation will take:
- A paper (35 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A);
- A panel discussion (35 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A);
- A workshop (45 minutes);
- A workshop (100 minutes) (the double-session needs to be clearly motivated.)
Guidelines for Participants
- The submission should consist of two files (.doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf) as specified below:
1. One file with an abstract of the presentation of no more than 200 words and should contain the following information:
i. Contact details must include: name, current school/institution, phone no., and e-mail;
ii. bio-data with a maximum of 30 words written in the 3aberd person, and
iii. A title of 8 words or less, and a brief summary of no more than 50 word
iv. The brief summary will be published in the conference program.
2. A second file with the title and abstract but without the presenter’s name, bio-data, and contact details.
- The abstract should be typed and double-spaced.
- Acronyms and/or abbreviations should be spelled out.
- Please submit the two files as file attachments and do NOT include them in the body of your email.
To submit your proposal, please fill in the following form.
The Team will then assess and decide which abstracts
they will accept.