KSAALT TESOL(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Association of Language Teachers), a non-profit professional service organization for English language teachers, was created in 2006 with a handful of dedicated educators who had a desire to serve, educate, and connect English language teachers in Saudi Arabia through professional development with interactive and engaging general meetings, workshops, and mini and annual conferences.
KSAALT became an affiliate of TESOL International in 2007, an associate of IATEFL in 2010, and an affiliate of TESOL Arabia in 2015. In 2015-2016, the organization is in its ninth year of existence and the membership approved the amended name, KSAALT TESOL, to recognize our status as an English language teacher association.
Goals of KSAALT TESOL:
- To promote a network of communication among its members who use English as a medium of instruction.
- To facilitate the development of quality of teaching, research, and administration by providing avenues of professional development to address the needs of the region through practical and academic scholarship opportunities.
- To provide high quality publications, events, employment opportunities, and services via the annual conference, general meetings, and other similar events.
- To maintain its status and affiliation with TESOL International, IATEFL, and TESOL Arabia.
Join KSAALT TESOL and become an active participant in our growing organization in one of our chapters across the Kingdom in Abha, Khobar, Jeddah, Riyadh, and Yanbu.
- Attending general meetings, which include high quality presenters who share the latest strategies and research; free to members.
- Publishing in KSAALT publications.
- Serving on a KSAALT committee that contributes to the organization.
- Receiving reduced rates on both annual and mini conferences both of which invite international presenters and expertise.
- Networking with other English language professionals in the area and throughout the Kingdom.
- Receiving regular e-mails from sister affiliates/regional organizations and employers for job opportunities.
2016-2018 Executive Members
Dr Othman BarnawiPresident
Jad MichaelsonVice President
Malikah SisayExecutive Secretary
Mark W. Murray MBAExecutive Treasurer
Ali LaftahSocial Media Coordinator